• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gunmetal pearlcoat touch up????

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
The only place I can find touch up is at the dealer, and then it is only small bottles of brush on. I would really like to get my hands on some spray.

I have a few things I would like to paint, namingly the grill that is chipped to shit and the top leading edge of the hatch.

If anyone has a lead on some spray or know of a more common color that is really close please let me know!!!!

Thanks!

Check your phonebook to see if you have a nearby Automotive Paint Supplier. One here locally sells paint by factory color code, with hardener (if you want it), in a refillable pressure sprayer. Or you can just buy paint in as small as pint sized containers.

If you get it with the hardner, you have to use it within a couple of hours or so.

Ivan

Hi everyone,

So is the http://www.paintscratch.com/ site the *only* site online that carries this color (PQ7)?? Their prices seem pretty expensive.

As far as a close color, I believe the "steel" blue that duplicolor makes for 99 looks very similar, of course, I've never seen it dried on the vehicle so...

Is there some particular reason why this color is so hard to find? I mean was it used for a short time at the beginning or end of 99 or something or what? I've never had this hard of a time finding touch up paint for any other vehicle that I've owned :( I hope someone else can contribute a little more info to this thread :)

-paul

I have also used paintscratch.com. Their color matching is the best you can get in a spray can. You have to order the basecoat and clearcoat together.
If you want you can go to any auto parts store for the clearcoat. Its the Duplicolor Truck and SUV clearcoat. Can't quite remember the code for it. But its the only one they carry. Be sure to buff it to a high gloss after several days of cure time. Or better yet, wetsand it after a few days with 1500 grit 3M wet/dry paper. Then buff to a high gloss.

Don't go Cheap on your paint finish. If you do everyone will know you went the low end route and it looks tacky and cruddy.
Trust me.

My local NAPA store sells paint and they will mix it and put it in spray cans for an extra $3.75 per can. Most paints are base coat with a clear coat.

PaulJ said:
My local NAPA store sells paint and they will mix it and put it in spray cans for an extra $3.75 per can. Most paints are base coat with a clear coat.

Thanks for the responses guys :)

About the NAPA store...what size cans do they offer, and can they match _any_ code? Thanks!

Back