• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sticking lifters

Marvel Mystery Oil

If it really is sticky lifters, a good flush and oil change might help. For a flush I use a quart of diesel and a quart of ATF with the oil. Run it for a few mintues and do your oil change.

the reason behind me thinking its sticking lifters is one of my good friends that has been around alot longer than i have, and based on sound that was his guess
and plus i have pretty muched changed every sensor in the damn engine

rislone has already been added, it quieted it down a little but did not quit backfiring
the oil is brand new

as far as the marvel oil i am intrested, tell me more, can this free my sticking lifters??????????????????????/

i seeking answers, my jeep has been out of sevice for 2 weeks now i need to get to work!

Marvel Mystery Oil has been around longer than I have been playing with cars, which is a long time. It's an oil additive with high detergent properties. If the lifters are sticking, it can help clean them out. The home-brew flush described by Old_Man will also do it. I have used that, too. Note that with his method you don't run the engine for long with that witches' brew in there, and you don't drive it hard because it really thins down the oil and you don't want to score the bearings. Put the stuff in, warm it up to operating temperature in the driveway, then dump it and do a full oil and filter change.

Follow the instructions and you can drive it with Marvel Mystery Oil in the crankcase.

Back