• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to mount antenna?

ucilxj

NAXJA Forum User
I know there have been posts like this before, and so I apologize. But Would mounting a 4 foot firestik from my rear bumper be a good idea? front bumper? or should I just go with a magnet antenna for the roof?

thanks

ucilxj said:
I know there have been posts like this before, and so I apologize. But Would mounting a 4 foot firestik from my rear bumper be a good idea? front bumper? or should I just go with a magnet antenna for the roof?

thanks
I like mine on the fender...easy to route the Coax and I think its problebly better because the longer you run the coax the better chance you have of noise problems

Mine is a combination of antenna mount, mirror mount, and weed eater.

is.php

There is also a mount you can but that mounts the antenna to the hood. Its a piece of bent steel that fits in the crack between the hood and quarter panel. They seem to work pretty well.

HossHoffer said:
There is also a mount you can but that mounts the antenna to the hood. Its a piece of bent steel that fits in the crack between the hood and quarter panel. They seem to work pretty well.
that is where mine is. Its between the fender and the hood. I used a bracket that bolts to a fender bolt and goes up between the fender and the hood

What I did when I installed the Cobra 75WX was to stash a permanently-wired mag-mount base under the driver's seat and store the whip under the backseat (Radio Shack part number 21-989). When I want to use it, it just gets plonked in the middle of the roof. Granted, this won't get you the ultimate SWR, but it works well enough for 90% of situations. So far I'm very happy with it and like the fact that it leaves no visible indicator of thievable items from either inside our outside of the Jeep.

Last edited:
I mounted mine on the Passeger side of my ARB bumper.. drilled four hole and mounted it by using the mirror mount and pinched it to the bumper

I know this is not a good picture but you can get the idea. In the tight trails to have an antenna that works this is the only place to mount it.

01.jpg

Back