• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Gears?

Prepmech

NAXJA Member #981
Ok, so I've bought three different sets of 4.56 gears for my 8.25 now. The first was a set of Yukons. The installer put my locker in wrong and after just about wrecking a half-dozen times from the rear axle locking up, I pulled the cover to find metal chunks. The second set was some Superior gears from Rusty's. They were the cheapest, but were not marked with the pinion depth and the installer requested ones that were marked. So, I bought some US Gear gears from Randy's Ring and Pinion that were the most expensive and supposedly the ones used by Chrysler.

I've always thought US Gear stuff was cheap and not very good quality, am I wrong?

Am I better off with the Superior or the US Gear gears?

Oh yeah,
The first shop said Yukons are the best and US Gear gears are junk. Then the guy at Randy's said the Superiors are noisy and the US Gears are the best. Who is right?

i've always run precision gears, first 4.10's and now 4.88s... never had a problem with them

Brad

Back