• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

N E one running a rough country lift?

Steele

NAXJA Forum User
I had this posted in a non XJ tech forum and was just wondering if any one had much to say about the rough country 3 inch lift. Just looking to put a cheapy lift on a 98 XJ cause it looks so wimpy in the driveway next to highly modified YJ's, TJ's and CJ's. They are listed on ebay for $140. This XJ will not be seeing any hard wheeling, for now n e ways, and was wondering if its worth the buck forty, or if I should go another route. Thanks. -Andy

If its for your DD I would definitely avoid it, they ride like a Mack truck. I hear that upgrading to better shocks helps the ride some though.

Don't care about the ride too much, already lost the kidney's and rattled out the teeth in the YJ and CJ. Just want a cheapy lift for now and then build it up slowly. I was just wondering how well they hold up, or if it'll start sagging in less than a year. I'll prob spend the 140, and do a little experimentation with em. how can you go wrong right? -Andy

don't spend $140

grab you some USED name brand 3" springs and add a few leaves from a spring under leaf pack to get the desired results.

you are gonna go bigger later anyway so you shouldn't have any problems getting rid of your used springs again

JC whitney has the 3 inch lift for a MJ for @ $102 .... It works for the XJ just fine but all it is, is the front coils, aal and all of the bolts and such... I ran SkyJacker nitro 7000 and loved them, made the XJ ride alot better

Back