• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fox coil over questions

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a set of fox coil overs off of PBB...thye are 2.0" Dia and 31" extended and 19" colapsed......When I bought them I knew that they did not have spring mounting hardware...which was no big deal....but they also came with a set of springs that have an ID. of just 3 1/4".....this seems too large to me.....should be around 2.5"....anyone have any experience with these?

They're trash - better send'em up for recycling (I'll even pay the shipping as I am a nice guy!)

I believe you have the correct springs and you just need the dual rate kit - that has a coil cup , screw adjuster and a slider that goes between the two springs - this slider has to have some thickness to it or it would just get torn apart - once you get those parts - about $80 from http://www.polyperformance.com IIRC you should be all set - You can call and talk to Dave (owner of the web addy I just gave) and he should be able to set you straight...

Good luck... (Now I just need to find a pair...)

Matt

You don't need the dual rate kit if you are going to run the springs you bought with the coilovers, they are single rate. Dual rate would be prefered but you will have to buy new springs (two pair).

Either way be gentle with them. They only have 1/2" shafts.

well the mystery is solved......these coil overs are built by fox for black diamond......for the xcl kit...so I will call warn on mondaya nd order the retainers

My mistake. But the fact is 5/8" shafts are on the light end for coilover duty. Compare them to the 7/8" shafts in most coilovers.

The black diamond deal answers the questions that the seller couldn't answer. He told me they were the Fox Pro Series. That told me something was wrong because the 12" Pro Series has a 7/8" shaft and sperical mounts. They make a 5/8" shaft Pro Series coilover but only up to 10". I hope you got a lot better price than he was asking because the black diamond coilovers sell on ebay for $100/pair.

Did you buy those on ebay? You mofo you outbid me :(
the 7/8" shafts are what I have
but I wanted the XCL shocks
\\hoot

So which shocks do you have.......I bought these off of PBB...new rebuild and 1600 rate springs....softest for these units......very nice cnodition so which ones do you have?

I ended up with two sets, one I sold the King 2.0s. they were 34" a little too long, Now Im keeping the Fox 2.0 12" Pro with 7/8shaft(non coil)

Back