• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Heavy Duty Trackbar

Alot of confusion here!The RE HD bar uses a 10mm bolt at the bracket.The adjuster is 1"(not sure about the pitch,I thinks its 12).

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Alot of confusion here!The RE HD bar uses a 10mm bolt at the bracket.The adjuster is 1"(not sure about the pitch).

1" dang. I was hoping to use that Johnny Joint piece with the RE HD bracket on my Skyjacker trackbar, but it's hole is 3/4. Looks like I'll rotate my current heim to run front to back instead of up and down using the RE HD bracket.

Now...how wide is the HD bracket and can I get that potential set up tight enough with spacers in there. The mounting area inside the bracket is probably 2", considering it's the same joint that is used in the UCA. The width of my heim with sleeves inserted in 1 3/4. So I need (2) 1/8 spacers on each side of the heim sleeves for a perfect fit....CORRECT??

Lets sort this out,RE uses a female thread on their factory ends.They only "list" bare joints,Currie does sell JJ's with 3/4" male threads!

Your the man! Thanks for the info.
ce9110sp.jpg

For fabricators and suspension system builders. Currie's Johnny Joints offer 30 degrees of unrestricted movement in any direction as compared to 22 degrees on a common heim joint. The bushings in the Johnny Joint rod ends are made with a high-density, "tough 88" urethane that encases the inner ball. It is a very durable material, and is impervious to weather. The special ball is heat-treated steel for extra strength, and is cross-drilled for thru-bolt lubrication. The outer shell is .180" DOM tubing, and the retaining washers are heat-treated steel. This 2" joint also comes with 2 1/2" of of welded-on 3/4" thread, and includes the necessary jam nut.

JohnJohn said:
Your the man! Thanks for the info.
ce9110sp.jpg

A good fabber could have figured out how to add a bolt the RE joint......never mind, forgot who I was talking to momentarily........

Back