• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 np242 4x4 to 4x2 conversion

gzweber

NAXJA Forum User
Hey. I have a 1989 aw4 mated to a 242 t-case and I want to convert it to a two wheel drive. What I really want to do is to put a two wheel drive ax15 in, but I would settle for the parts to convert my current automatic. I know this is the exact opposite question that would normally be asked, but I just got done with my off-road jeep and now I want to make a strictly street jeep. Anyway, if you have a 2 wheel drive ax-15 you would be willing to part with for cash or exchange, or if you have a 2 wheel drive aw4 then I want to hear about it. Oh yeah. I would also think about trading my trans and t-case for a manual transmission that would work behind a 92 small block mopar.

gzweber said:
Hey. I have a 1989 aw4 mated to a 242 t-case and I want to convert it to a two wheel drive. What I really want to do is to put a two wheel drive ax15 in, but I would settle for the parts to convert my current automatic. I know this is the exact opposite question that would normally be asked, but I just got done with my off-road jeep and now I want to make a strictly street jeep. Anyway, if you have a 2 wheel drive ax-15 you would be willing to part with for cash or exchange, or if you have a 2 wheel drive aw4 then I want to hear about it. Oh yeah. I would also think about trading my trans and t-case for a manual transmission that would work behind a 92 small block mopar.

i've got a 2000 2wd aw4 with only about 30 k miles. come and get it for a case of beer. hot springs, AR 71909

242380_60_full.jpg

242380_59_full.jpg

you "want" to convert a 4WD to a 2WD? Why the hell would that thought even enter your head? Are you trying to make a flying Brick? If you want something 2WD and fast, I would look for something with a little more aerodynamic shape then an XJ, and dont get me started on handling with a solid front axle..... Sell it.. oh, and dont think I am the only one thinking this...

give the dude a break. He obviously wants to make a sleeper. Go for it.

Back