• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cable Acuator

HossHoffer

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to get rid of the Vaccum disconnect on my dana 35 im my XJ. There is a kit I have seen for it, called the Posi-Lok, but its almost $200. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has made there own, I have had a few ideas of how to do it, but im not quite sure. Any help would be great!

xtremewlr said:
This should cover what you are looking for.

http://home.earthlink.net/~stevenschreiber/jeep/tech/cabledis.htm[/QUOTE]

I used this writeup for a guide but I used an 8ft (only needed 6ft, FWIW) industrial grade cable that cost $30 from 6 States Dist. and re-used my existing shift fork. It only takes about 1.25" of throw to engage the axle collar and works well. I also removed the vac motor housing and used a piece of rubber hose and a copper tube cap to seal it off but still allow the rod the travel it needs. Search around the Web, there is another article that shows you how to chop up the Vac motor and reuse one end.
If you do a lot of mud or water crossings while wheeling, you'll want to use heat shrink tube or other mode of sealing where the cable enters the axle fork housing.

Last edited:
Back