• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which engine...??

85Chief

NAXJA Forum User
I have found 2, 3.4l engines from a 95 camaro

1st one: has 40,000 miles for $650. Probably another $100-$150 for shipping, so lets call it $800.

2nd one: has 72,000 miles for $550 Shipped.

Im really tight on money right now, and I need a new carb and some essential things to keep the heep on the road. Has anyone had any experience with these engines and have an idea of when they start going out?

Any help is appreciated, because I hope to get this soon.

Thanks!
85Chief

My friend has one with 170k on it and its still running strong, so both of them will probably outlast your jeep. I've considered doing this swap on my '85, let us know how it goes.

I know you said they are from a '95 camaro and either of those engines will work just fine, but in case you decide against them make sure that you get one for a RWD application. The FWD ones will not work. Probably stating he obvious here, but I'd rather say it and save you the headache than have kept my mouth shut. FWIW, the 3.1l is a 60 degree V6 as well.

85Chief said:
I have found 2, 3.4l engines from a 95 camaro

I need a new carb and some essential things to keep the heep on the road.

85Chief
If you plan on replacing the carb I would highly recommend the Torker II Edelbrock intake with a 390 CFM Holley 4bbl or a 450 CFM modified Holley 4 bbl. I have this combination on my 2.8 and what a differance it made over that lame Rodchester boat anchor. I thought the 450 would be to big for the motor/cam combination but it worked out great. My fuel/air on the O2 sensor check is about 14.3 at idle, 14.7 at cruise, and 13.1 at wide open throttle. If you want more info let me know.

Robert

Back