• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for best prices on a few things

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
now that college is paye for i can continue dropping money into the jeep pit.
im looking at getting an sye and driveshaft so i can lift a little higher than the 5 inches im at down the road. whats the cheapest place to get these at. i dont know much about it but i know i dont want my driveshaft to fall out while im driving
also im lookin at getting a basic front bumper and possibly a rear bumper and tail light guards
wheres the best price for these guys?
im lookin at spending 200 tops on a bumper and probably a lot more on a rear bumper, need a place for a spare now that i rolled my xj and the roof is useless now.
thank

dellstopjeep said:
now that college is paye for i can continue dropping money into the jeep pit.
im looking at getting an sye and driveshaft so i can lift a little higher than the 5 inches im at down the road. whats the cheapest place to get these at. i dont know much about it but i know i dont want my driveshaft to fall out while im driving
also im lookin at getting a basic front bumper and possibly a rear bumper and tail light guards
wheres the best price for these guys?
im lookin at spending 200 tops on a bumper and probably a lot more on a rear bumper, need a place for a spare now that i rolled my xj and the roof is useless now.
thank
In my opinion you don't want to scrimp on a SYE. I would buy a good tail shaft from someone like Advance Adapters or anyone that sells a bigger shaft. The Hack and Tap styles like RE or the older Curries are just plain junk. At least I think so. Also make sure you spend alittle on your driveshaft...Its something you have to live with going slow or fast so you want it smooth and working right. :patriot:

DrMoab said:
The Hack and Tap styles like RE or the older Curries are just plain junk. At least I think so.
Thanks for your opinion. hasta

Yes, you'll need a new driveshaft since the h-n-t changes the output to a flange-style. RE offers them, as well as Tom Woods and most local driveshaft shops.

Go see Richard at Full Size XJ Gear - he covers pretty much every product out there and he's a great guy to deal with.

http://www.fullsizexjgear.com/

FWIW, I'll second (or third) going with a complete SYE. Hack & Taps can be great, but they can also be bad - the full-on SYE will allow for future mods as well, very simply.

my good friend and jeep mentor runs an RE hack and tap on his 4.0 wrangler w/40's and has never had a problem. no vibes even with an extreme angle at 70 mph. but then again, Hasta

Back