• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dumb Questions of the Day

hjeepxj

#OCDINK
NAXJA Member
Are bottom coil spring retainers necessary? :eek: When installing my new front end I got the nice wakeup call of missing coil spring retainers...Ive flexed it pretty good and not had the coil fall out? Should I get some from the yard?

Does someone know off the top of their head the size of the pitman arm nut, or can they find out. I'd go look at mine, but I misplaced it. :rolleyes: :smsoap: so I can't. I'm thinking 32-33 mm.

Flame the noob q's on! :D

Thanks in advance...:D :cheers:

No on the retainers - unless you start loosing coils...

I think I used a 1-5/16" socket when I still had a steering box... ;)

Matt

I say the bottom spring retaniers are nessecary I have had mine pop out before without them.

I stripped my driver side retainer clip. I suggest you go up a ramp and flex your suspension to the absolute max. No sway bar, and flex till the rear wheel comes off the ground. If the coil is still in place, then don't worry about it. If its loose, then you better make a clip.

Well, I think I'll try and run with out them, maybe try to flex it out in Moab and see....

1 5/16"

Thanks guys!

well i stripped the out the holes for my retainer clips, and i have been running without them for about 5 years now and never lost one wheeling. Sometimes the coil will spin in the buckets when you flex it out real good, and makes a funky sound when riding on it. Just flex it out again and spin the coil back to place.

Back