• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody know the backspacing on a Liberty wheel?

Actually the backspacing is perfect if you want to run a 235/85/16 tire. Thats what a friend of mine runs on his XJ (with 5" of lift) with the steel 16x7 KJ wheels. It works great for him, he ramped a 950 on a 20* ramp this past weekend.

Oh, and in response to the last post, I'd love to have a '03 or '04 KJ 8.25 with the rear disks. I can't wait till they start showing up in junkyards.

why 235/85 tire with a 5" lift? i run 235/75 stock...

hasnt upgraded yet?
or do i not understand metric tire sizes?

Its a really odd (and rare) sized tire that measures out to be a 32" tire. He is however looking to upgrade to 33s, he just got a hell of a deal on the tires he has.

Libby backspace is really 5.75"?? That's an extra 0.5" deeper than most every other rim they've used since 1986...

Atl XJ said:
Its a really odd (and rare) sized tire that measures out to be a 32" tire. He is however looking to upgrade to 33s, he just got a hell of a deal on the tires he has.

It is an E rated tire that used to be common on work pickups.

kmagnuss_2000 said:
not according to lostkj.com or something like that. They claim 5 3/4.

Could be. I can't measure mine, I run Rubicon wheels on my KJ.

wheels3jpg.jpg

Back