• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? about Teraflex UCA and LCA's

4ESTJP

NAXJA Forum User
I am still trying to get my front axle dialed in. I have adjusted the UCA and LCA to get the Death Wobble out. It is almost gone. It seems that when I adjust them it only changes the speed at which the DW occurs.

Is it okay to see the threads on the UCA? I have them extended so you can see about two rows of thread. I was worried because there is a little slop in the arm now.

4ESTJP said:
I am still trying to get my front axle dialed in. I have adjusted the UCA and LCA to get the Death Wobble out. It is almost gone. It seems that when I adjust them it only changes the speed at which the DW occurs.

Is it okay to see the threads on the UCA? I have them extended so you can see about two rows of thread. I was worried because there is a little slop in the arm now.
The Tera arms have slop in them due to their design and there is nothing that can be done to eliminate this slop as they age, short of welding them solid....... the slop invariable increases over time. Keeping them greased will help them live longer, but it can't cure a poor design. The original arm design used an acme thread, Tera "borrowed" the design and made it cheaper to mass produce.......... this design change made them a consumable product for some, your mileage may vary.

To answer your question, the internal o-ring should prevent gunk from getting in and causing corrosion on the threads, as well as regular greasing. Keep an eye on the wear, I've talked to locals that ran the Tera arms and they eventually wore to failure, pulling apart when flexed up. Tera didn't warranty them as I recall.

Good luck

I worked on my jeep lastnight to move the control arms to the lengths suggested by the chart that is posted on this site. I adjusted them for a 4.5" lift. The coils now have a unusual bend to them. It looks like the axle is pulled to far back. Should I try using the measurements for a higher lift? That should keep the same angle, but length the top and bottom arm at the same ratio to keep the coils straight.

Is the pinion angle more horizontal with the driveshaft angle more? Or should it be in line with the driveshape? Thanks for all your help.
SM

Back