• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do TRXUS's run?

verrive

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,
I'm thinking of getting a set of these for my XJ but I was curious, how big/small do these run? I was originally going for 33"s as I easily have the room. Then I was looking at 34"s since I slightly have the space for those, but the jump from 33-34 is about $34 a tire. Then I looked at 35"s and the jump is only $3. Just curious how they compare with most so I can see if I may be able to barely squeeze in the 35"s :p Hoping the tire place will give me a discount as if I can squeeze 35"s, I'd be getting 8 35x12.5 R15 TRXUS along with a set of BFGs :p

Thanks,
Kevin

my old 31s ran about 32" and a buddie of mine has 33s and they are almost 34"

Was that mounted sitting off the XJ? Dang, I may just have to settle for 34"s or 33"s even if they sit an inch higher :x I don't think I could squeeze them in if it was actually a 36" :D

They're great. . . I absolutly love them. the 35's measure at a little under 35's but nothing noticable. and they're relatively inexpensive.

I just went out and measured my 31's and they measure about 30.5"... as for performance these are amazing on and offroad! The sidewalls seem to really flex so I only air down to about 20-25lbs on the trail. On road they are very quiet considering the aggressive tread. With the sipes they are great on wet pavement...rained like crazy yesterday while I was on the highway and thye stuck like glue.

how do they fair in good thick mud

I just got a call letting me know that mine came in today. I will get some measurements of them mounted on the wheels before I put them on the Jeep. They are 33x12.5x15 and will be mounted on 8" rims.

they do pretty well in mud. . .they obviously do not clean as well as lets say a bogger or tsl. . but I think they compare to the ssr. I air down to about 15 psi. . .grip great to rocks. and they have pretty aggressive lugs for a m/t.

the yotas here in florida love em' in the mud...turn big rpms and they work great in the gumbo....my wife loved her 31's (had to measure them when they arrived, damn big 31's) but they wound up making a lot of noise on her zj...go figure...they were nice on her xj...did great at tellico...if I didnt slice the crap out of my 10 ply swampers where I ride at now I would have a set of 35" truxus mt's on my xj next...order them from 4 wheel parts and get the road hazard warranty too...its great

Back