• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know where the Horn Relay location is for 2000 XJ ?

gpthrlz

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a pair of air horns and wired everything up yesterday. I unplugged the green/red stripe wire from one of the factory horns and plugged it into the new relay. Did not work.

I guess I need the wire that goes into the factory horn relay (not sure)??? Would this make sense instead of the the wire going into the horn?

If so, can someone tell me where the factory horn relay is and what color wires go into it (or send me a pic if you have one)?

I have a 2000 XJ with a bunch of mods, but can't figure out this simple horn deal.

Thanks.

hornrelay.txt

hornwiring.txt

This is what I found. Hope this helps

Later

Phil

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I ended up just using the relay that the airhorns came with. I disconnected one of the factory horns (green wire-red stripe) and plugged that into the new relay. Do you think that is ok? The airhorns and factory horn work when I press the horn on the steering wheel.

Could there be a problem with this since it goes through two relays. First the one in the fusebox then to the new one which is connected from the green horn wire?

Steve

Back