• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does this mean?

Dan1990XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am wiring an Aux fan override switch in my 90 XJ and searched and found this:
"Find the thermal fan switch in the driver's side radiator tank - it's a big brass bung with two wires coming out. Use cabling of your choice for this (it's a low-current circuit...) I like to keep a bunch of two- and three-wire rubber-jacketed industrual bulk extension cord around for these jobs...

Use a small-gage wire pair to tap the two wires from the sensor. Run them to a convenient location for a toggle switch somewhere on the panel (I've used either a spot in the shifter console or a blank switch bay on either side of the column) and connect the wires to either side of the switch. Install the switch in a location of your choice."

Does this mean I run two wires, one from each wire coming out of the thermal fan switch, directly to my switch?

In the future, please do not post the same question on more than one of our forums.

Then post it once, and if it's in the wrong place it will be moved.

Back