• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats for an XJ......

csr_011

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know what factory seats will go into an 87 XJ other than the originals. Having no luck finding any in the yards around here, they are all trashed or have power seats. I dont want power seats, would prefer the stationary, non tilting backs, but if i have to, i will take one.

Oh, money is an issue here too, so no aftermarket $300 seats will work, they look awesome and are probably comfortable as heck, but dont fit into my full time college student budget.

I am in Kearney, NE if anyone near there has what i need.

Thanks,
Cory

It may be cheaper to find an old beater XJ (maybe one that isn't running) with decent seats, swap them with yours, and resell it.

You can remove the power seats from the power seat bases (pedestals) and remount them to your manual seat pedestals. The power seats probably come from Laredos or Limiteds, and those seats are more comfortable and have better lateral support than the seats in Base, Pioneer and Chief models.

Well the ones i found are older XJ's, they want from $50 to $150 for the pair depending on condition. Just not what i want, or the driver is bad, pass good. I need the driver seat. Have to keep on looking.

Thanks,

Cory

a friend of myne rigged up some custom thing in his xj to fit acura seats (he was a mall crawler) and i thought they sat way to low for my likes...

he used teh factory studs and made a plate to use thoes studs and made a base on the plate with bolts welded into it, to match the acura bolt studs...

worth giving a shot if u need the new seats... or use seat covers...

Back