• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC line replace

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
How hard is it to replace an ac line. I guess mine has a hole in it some where by the radiator. I tried to refill it and there was a cloud of the refregirant shooting out up there. Would I need to take out teh radiator to do this?

Thanks
Chris

A friend of mine recently removed the front facia of his MJ to replace it due to minor accident. Once the head light trim and front facia is removed, the condensor and AC lines are fully exposed for removal.... An XJ shouldn't be any different.

Ivan

You may have leak in your condensor, not in the line leading to it. In any case, replacing the leaking part is merely a matter of unbolting the bad pieces, and installing new ones.

The fancy part comes in RECHARGING the AC system, as replacing any parts will result in total loss of refrigerant pressure.

Unless you have an AC manifold/guage set, and a vacuum pump, leave this part to a shop with the tools and training. At least you will save yourself the labor on the defective part replacement.

Back