• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land of Lincoln Report

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
I had a good time at the Land of Lincoln event, really put the '01 XJ to the test. I was impressed with how well the stock Upcountry works... all I've added is armor & tires. The Cliffs and Rockport both offer twisty wooded trails, but each have their own distinctly different flavor. I'm happy to live only an hour from Rockport, and will definitely be back.

Here's a link to pics taken by Brian "Motts" from MWJT, a really nice guy and former XJer who now has a TJ on 33's. I also got to meet Bob "Jeeptime" and Randy "IntrepidXJ" from NAXJA. Also recruited a Liberty driver, Jay, into the XJ world... some of you may remember him from the pair of Libby's that we came across at Carnagefest where Paula lost her rock rail.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/185207149/185601700tKGaKK

This photo is from The Cliffs where I dented the driver side. That mudhole had ruts in it that negated any steering input, and took me right into the tree.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/185207149/185598562VvPKom

This is my dog Zandi and Brian's girlfriend Maureen. She handled their TJ as well as he does. Zandi insisted on the A/C all day, what a princess!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/185207149/185622301rGonTw

An example of the twisty gullies throughout Rockport... not as tight with trees as The Cliffs, and much drier, too.

Anyone up for a Rockport trip this fall? We could probably camp nearby, or crash in my yard an hour away and make the trip up en masse.

Count me in on a run to Rockport ... for sure. I've been wanting to get over there. This would be a great "Punkinfest" run for the MWC. Irregardless, let me know when you want to go ... and I'll be there.

Les

I'm going on Oct. 8th, 9th & 10th.. Haven't been there yet but looking forward in going. there is going to be a few of us going so feel free to join in a caravan or we can just meet you there, either way i can't wait... :party:

I also had a goos time. I will be posting pics as soon as I get a chance. So far, I've spent my one day off since Tuesday, replacing the right front axle joint. I get 24 hours off tomorrow (Saturday), hopefully I'll get around to it then.

BTW I also dented a door (passenger side tho) Also now I have an excuse for a steel bumper!

Look forward to going back to both parks. I will prob be going to The Cliffs with some friends and ATVs next weekend

Bob

jeeptime1 said:
BTW I also dented a door (passenger side tho) Also now I have an excuse for a steel bumper!

Bob

oops ... you took that carnage well, glad to see you on the trail bob. I should have some good pics of you. hope to find time tomorrow to work on them.

can't wait to lead you around BlueKnight

TJ

Heres a page with links to some of the pics from the trip. I just all of the dig pics I took. Some didn't come out too good. Guess its time for a new cam.

There will be more when I get the 35mm developed. Prob some video too

Bob

I am also up for a run to Rockport. I am only an hour and 20 minutes from the park. Can't make it the 8-10 of October, but would like to meet up with some of you guys over there another weekend.

I finally got all my pics downloaded from labor day at rorp.

click album I

click album II

66881093.jpg

told him there was a hill there with his name on it. :wink:

66881097.jpg

hope more of you can get down to rorp soon.

TJ

Can't wait to go... Sure TJ, looking forward to it... :clap:

Working on a rear bumper. Rockers are next.
Bob

TJ
Nice pictures! Do you mind if I post some on JEEPTIME?

Thanks again, We had a great time that day! Can't wait to go back.

Bob

So who all is going to be at RORP on the 9th/10th? There's a TRJC club run on the 9th, but I'd be up for RORP on the 10th - AND whenever TRL WGN can make it!
Hey Kyle - Maddog wants to give us a guided tour of TallDog.

Yeah, I know. He said it would be best to take a run on a dry weekend. Just have to give him a day or three notice, and he will be there. If it is wet, you have to winch nearly everything, and that isn't much fun.

In case anyone else is wondering, Tall Dog is one of the harder trails that TRJC has to offer, and it is now incorporated into Rockport ORP.

Back