• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear Question

hjeepxj

#OCDINK
NAXJA Member
Will front standard rotation gears work in a rear standard rotation axle?

no unless you plan on putting the gears in the same axle in the rear your rear axle is different from your front and thus they have different size gears. search around and find out what axles you have under there then you can go looking for gears. but not to be a jerk but doing gears takes some practice and if you don't know that the gears out of your front axle don't fit in your rear i would not consider doing gears take it somewhere where they do it professionally.

bj-666 said:
no unless you plan on putting the gears in the same axle in the rear your rear axle is different from your front and thus they have different size gears. search around and find out what axles you have under there then you can go looking for gears. but not to be a jerk but doing gears takes some practice and if you don't know that the gears out of your front axle don't fit in your rear i would not consider doing gears take it somewhere where they do it professionally.
I think you need to read his question a little better

Beezil said:
for instance...dana 44 standard front to a dana 44 standard rear.....

YES.

I thought so, just wanted to make damn sure...:D :cheers:

Back