• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another rough AW4 shifting post!!

Jackhill442

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '96 country with 190,000 miles. I added an auxillary tranny cooler at 80,000 miles and the tranny has been flawless. However, in the last six or so months, it has started shifting just a little rough, nothing bad, but enough that it slightly "pops" the car forward. It only does it at medium throttle input and it is mostly from 1-2, but also a little less so shifting up to every gear. I can live with it, I would just like to know if it is something I can fix and if it is shortening the life of the tranny. I am running Mobil 1, which I know has mixed reviews, but I have been for at least 50,000 miles, and not had this until maybe the last 10 or 15 thousand. TPS? Please let me know, Thanks very much
Jack

*most* shifting problems with the AW4 are caused by a bad tps... I'd start there...

be fore-warned, with 190k, could be anything though.

Have you tried adjusting the throttle cable? That will effect your shifting if its out of adjustment.

Edit: I thought about this after I posted it. Mine's a '95 and '96's are OBDII, does it have and adjustment for the throttle cable?

Back