• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tcase swap help

90xjDave

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pulling the tcase off of a 95 xj (231) to put on my 90 xj (also 231). Here's my question: my 90 has the disco axle, the 95 doesn't. Are the two t-cases the same, or do I need to swap to a non-disco axle for this to work?? I have one available if I need to?

thanks,
Dave

The only differences you need to be concerned with would be the input shaft length and spline count!

RCP Phx said:
The only differences you need to be concerned with would be the input shaft length and spline count!

My woes continue!!!! The input shaft on the tcase off of the 95 is 23 splines. My input on my 90 is 21 spline. How hard is it to swap the front portion of the two t-cases, or is it even possible????

90xjDave said:
My woes continue!!!! The input shaft on the tcase off of the 95 is 23 splines. My input on my 90 is 21 spline. How hard is it to swap the front portion of the two t-cases, or is it even possible????

It's not that hard. What is the reason you are replacing it? Is the font 1/2 still in tact, from your original? If so Just swap the entire front have from the old, to the new. If not, it isn't that hard, but you will need new imput seal, & might as well replace the bearing if your swaping just the imput shaft. If you ever thought about a Tera 4:1, now would be the perfect time to put it in, then you would have a brand new front 1/2.

Rob

Back