• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 3/4"-2" Economy Lift

surfmon

NAXJA Forum User
I need a little more clearance for my 30 x 9.50's.
On a 99', will a small lift like 1 3/4" or 2"(rear add a leafs and front coil spacers) affect my driveshaft angle too much?
Any info on these small lift is helpful.

Thanks
T

Go w/ a daystar 1 3/4 lift. Coil spacer in front and shackle in the back. At worst you may need a tranny drop or maybe a shim. I'd buy a tranny drop and the lift. Put the lift on and if there are any vibes then put the t-drop on. Most likely that lift will not affect it but its a 97+ so it's a coin toss. Add a leaf will make your ride terrible. Plus if you decide for a bigger lift sometime this lift if upgradable. 3" lift w/ this is 4.5", 4.5" w/ this is 6". You get the idea.

you will probably be ok, i have around 4 or so on mine and no problems whatsoever, also a 99

havent touched a thing, i will be putting an sye on in the future, i dont really need it, but its an upgrade i want to go ahead and get done

I added a leaf to my 98 and I've been chasing driveline vibes since I drove away from the spring shop!!! I was not intending to get any real lift - I just wanted to stop bottoming out on road bumps while carrying my camping gear. I'd say I got a 1.5" lift. I get vibes under hard acceleration and at 110 on the highway. The dealer replaced my ring and pinion under warranty. The vibes are still there. Dealer siad it was my agressive tires getting warm and making road noise. Funny, I'd been riding them for about two months prior with no vibes. Today I changed out both ujoints on the rear - guess what - the vibes are . . . . . . still there!!!! I'm beginning to think that I may have to drop my TC just slightly to bring my driveline angles back into spec. Jeesh, I never thought simply adding one leaf could be such a PITA!

To drop my TC If I make .5 to .75" spacers, does anyboy know if my stock bolts will still work or I need to get longer ones. If so, anybody know what the size is? With a 1.5 lift anybody recommend the actual distance to drop the TC?

Sean

just put on my short add a leaf and spacer lift on my 97 xj. had vibes between 30 and 40 mph. got a rusty's 1" drop and that took care of the vibes. the drop was $20 and took an hour to install only because i had to run to home depot for a tool. the lift looks good and should clear 30s without much problem, might need to trim a tiny bit to get some quality flex.

Back