• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands 9/11/04 "trash run"

Status
Not open for further replies.

notorious DUG

NAXJA Forum User
Sure hope I am "allowed" to post this....

Badlands is having a "trash run" and clean up day 9/11. Be sure to tell them at the office if you are there for it iand plan to help with the clean up. Bounties will be offered on some of the bigger items.

Your armband and collected trash gain admission to the ensuing night run.. trails will be open for the night run until 11PM for the "trash run" participants.

Troy and the park do a lot for wheleing, more then most people realize and he helped pave the way for other off road parks in the midwest and all over the place. Come out and show some support.

fitting as kermit has been seen cleaning up private ORV parks across the land. Here is a spy pic I took of him at an ORV park in IL.

kermit.jpg

I have plans for that weekend, I think Im going to be changing them real soon! I feel the need to take care of real trash!

The penis riding pic is GREAT!! Nice work. :D

About the "trash run"

Explain why we should be cleaning up a privately owned park. Doesn't the $15 every customer pays to get in contribute to maintenance?

I might be more willing to help out if I got free admission for the day and night.

I say the washing machine and EZ-GO stay.

they're about the only thing that makes orange trail not-so-boring.

trail clean-up is cool.............on public land.

but if people are willing to ride troys sack, have at it.

PhunkadelicXJ said:
Explain why we should be cleaning up a privately owned park. Doesn't the $15 every customer pays to get in contribute to maintenance?

I might be more willing to help out if I got free admission for the day and night.

Because the park is to a large degree messed up by careless patrons who do not clean up oafter themselves. Because The park does not reep huge profit and have the man power to be picking up litter that should nbopt be life tin the first place. Because the park has not raised the price of admission for like 8 years... it is stil the cheapest private park arund.

There is compensation for the run, you get to participatein the night run, kind of a bounus over the normal wheeling you get for 15 bucks.

Helping out is about helping out, not what you get back for it. If you fele the compensation is not enough then simply do not participate in the clean up, bounty items or ensuing night run. I am there to give back to a park that has given to me for years, not to get something for nothing.

notorious DUG said:
Because the park is to a large degree messed up by careless patrons who do not clean up oafter themselves..

I disagree. I find it hard to believe that "trash bag hill" was put there by patrons. I also believe that golf cart and washing machine were there before the Badlands became official.

notorious DUG said:
Because The park does not reap huge profit and have the man power to be picking up litter that should not be left in the first place. Because the park has not raised the price of admission for like 8 years... it is still the cheapest private park around..

And we appreciate it, but what overhead is there? What major improvements have been made?

Whatever.

GI-John said:
I disagree. I find it hard to believe that "trash bag hill" was put there by patrons. I also believe that golf cart and washing machine were there before the Badlands became official.

And we appreciate it, but what overhead is there? What major improvements have been made?

Trash bag hill is a mystery to me actually... I have always wondered about that. Kind of like soem kind of over grown hill rod burn pile, always seemed out of place. the golf cart and the washer havebeen there from day one. I think they have been left due to the trouble of removing them.

I bet all of us would faint if we saw what the park paysin insurance. Just plain old bizz insurance is frightening, I can only guess at what it is for that kind of a venture. Never miond the money that I am sure has been spent on law suits. The cost of employing the staff of the park. The equipemtn tha is required to run it etc...

I am sure it does OK butI do not think it is the "gold mine" some belive it to be.

Plus I would gues sthat the effort to do something like this, beyond the normal 7 day a week effort already put into the park can be a overload.

I am there a lot, I like the park and it's staff. I think this is a great way to give back ot the park that has done well by me for years... every time I needed a fix or a part they have helped me out

Hmmm..... clean up troy's backyard or 4 Wheelin' with Feelin' to benefit the March of Dimes.

Easy choice.

Also. Somebody needs spell check or I need the secret decoder ring. I'm gettin' a headache.

bob-n said:
Hmmm..... clean up troy's backyard or 4 Wheelin' with Feelin' to benefit the March of Dimes.

Easy choice.

Also. Somebody needs spell check or I need the secret decoder ring. I'm gettin' a headache.

More info on March of Dimes event please.... Is this a regular event?

You need the decoder ring. Please send a SASE to......

Duggie, i didn't realize you had access to the Badlands accounting records.....

I forgot what a savy business man you are....

how is 25 bucks a head to wheel over the weekend in an abandoned gravel pit that also doubles as a fly-dump, NOT huge profit?

Enlighten us, lawnmowerboy.

Beezil whats up with the constant personal attacks againts DOUG? I think everyone has the point? I'm not sticking up for him, it's just old having you attack him after every post he makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back