• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yj flares rather than tj flares

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
just curious if anyone has yj flares instead of tj's and what they look like on an xj
i dont know much about wranglers but i thought they were different
just wanting to see pics before i make another investment with my heep :gee:

theres a guy that works at a local 4by shop and he has them, but i dont have any pics and dont know when ill be by there again.

kolby

they looked okay, i didnt think they looked as good as rear tj flares tho

yeah, I do.

no I can't post pics.

my server is down

I don't know why.

everything is falling apart around me.

I swear to god i'm gonna lose it REAL soon:explosion

i think for about 20 bucks a piece the TJ flares look far better then yj flares.
DSCN0534.jpg

WIll

agreed
if i could find em for 20 bucks each i would be all over that deal.
so far the only place i can get them at is the jeep dealership and i wont even tell you how much they are there.

Yeah, post up. I would like to get in on $20 TJ flares too.

Kevin

How much coverage do they give you? 3-4 inches? Its about for the yearly inspection so I need something quick

Here's mine, 4 rear YJ flares, looks alright and was way cheaper then TJ flares or BW's. All 4 was $40.00 from another jeeper, price was about the same at the parts yard.
1estaffxj.jpg

I have a set of YJ flares on mine (not all rear's, but front in the front and rears in the rear).

The YJ flares are not as large as the TJ flares in the back so if you want to cut out the rear fenders and re-weld the rear inner fenders then TJ's are the way to go. If you are just cutting out as much as possible and want to mount them below the rear doors (on a 4 door) then the YJ flares work just fine and do give much more clearance than the XJ flares do (plus they are wider).

I am happy with mine, but if I was to re-do it I would go with the TJ flares and cut and re-weld the rear fenders for more room (however this is much much much more work than the way I did it.

I would be more than happy to send anyone pic's but I do not have them on my computer right now and will not be back able to do that until next week.

Michael

buy them from quadratec or 4wd.com they have $20 a peice TJ flares (like 90 for the set) I have TJ flares and they give me enough room for 33s without any ribbing on a 3" lift.

i just looked at both those sights and i didnt see any near that cheap. at 4wd they were almost 40 bucks a peice. Maybe you got them on clearence or im looking in the wrong place.

i got mine at a local junk yard one at a time as well as 2 from a guy with a TJ its near inposible to buy them as a pair that cheap. if ya buy them one at a time from diff jeeps you get better deal. i think the dealer wants 100 ea for them. they do cover like 4in and when tyou do this remver to take lyour time and do it right so i looks good.

WIll

Back