• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

kill switch

small pederson

NAXJA Forum User
so i followed the advice of you guys on the board and ran the ground through a relay with a switch. the jeep starts and runs but when you press the brake pedal to put it in drive it kills it while the tailgate is up. the problem is it wont kill it when the tailgate is down. so what could be the f'in deal? for some reason the rear washer doesnt work and the open tailgate doesnt turn on the interior lights. could this have any effect on it?

anybody? anybody run a switch with a similar setup that doesnt have this problem? you can pm me if you dont want to talk about it in the forum :shhh:

Sounds like the brake light switch is engerizing the relay. Where did you grab the power for the the relay?

Press on the rear interior light, It's a toggle (on later models). Can turn off the interior lights with the hatch up if desired.

Derik

the relay and switch run off of accesory power. if anything the brake pedal kills the pump when pressed while the tailgate is up. not when the tailgate is closed. this is why im confused as hell

i did the same switch and i dont have any problems with it, seems to be working just fine for me. I have a 98, perhaps the newer models are wired slightly differently. You didn't by chance disconnect the other ground wire back there that is connected to the rear lights? Just askin....sorry i don't have much else to add.

Back