• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA bolt seized

trekker

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,
In the process of installing RE coils, uca's, and lca's. I was able to remove the nut on the pass-side uca bolt (frame end), but the bolt won't come out. I am thinking it must be fused/seized to the metal sleeve in the bushing.
Any suggestions? I have been alternating between PB Blaster, torch, and BFH.
Thanks for your suggestions,
Todd

trekker said:
Hey gang,
In the process of installing RE coils, uca's, and lca's. I was able to remove the nut on the pass-side uca bolt (frame end), but the bolt won't come out. I am thinking it must be fused/seized to the metal sleeve in the bushing.
Any suggestions? I have been alternating between PB Blaster, torch, and BFH.
Thanks for your suggestions,
Todd
Couple options:
1. put a nut on it, put a big washer or piece of flatstock over it and clamp it (using cclamp or something) to the control arm mount so that it holds the nut against he mount and when you unscrew the bolt it pushes it out
2. Impact chisel or something like that.

Thanks Kejtar, I appreciate your advice. I actually tried your idea with a piece of steel clamped over the nut, but the LCA mount began to bend so I stopped. Maybe with bigger c-clamps, I can clamp to the opposite side of the mount for increased strength.
Todd

Back