• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RIGID FbW winch mount bumper

ve6nn

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there running one of these? I thank that they look very nice and the price seems good. cheaper that the Durango winch bumper that I was almost ready to but. any comments?

ve6nn said:
Anyone out there running one of these? I thank that they look very nice and the price seems good. cheaper that the Durango winch bumper that I was almost ready to but. any comments?

I just installed the FbG and it is tough! I would recommend Rigid to anyone. They have a great product and great service, the only downside is it took about 1 month to get mine.

This bumper is great I'd reccomend it.
Terry at RIGID was a great help
Install was simple and instructions were great
It is very well made.
Waiting for him to start selling a rear bumper.

544426_37_full.jpg

544426_36_full.jpg

Thanks for the replys. The pictures made up my mind for me. I'll order it this week. As for the month to get, no problem, won't need it till late October when I leave Canada for Arizona.

don

I just installed my winch bumper and winck yesterday. This is a very strong bumper with lots of frotn end support. I dont have pics but it looks just like Bargers. Terry was great. From the time i ordered mine to when i got it was two and a half weeks, thats shipping to Louisville KY. Though he did start building it practically as i was ordering it. i havent really tested it out yet but it looks great and the price is awesome. I am also waiting on their rear bumper to come out. terry said it will have a very strong mounting system also.

I'm thinking about buying this bumper. Wondering if at only 3.5" of lift and 31" tires that it will stick out too far and kill my approach angle. If so, I'll get the non-winch version. Thanks.
P.s. I'll be talking to Terry there since he said he'd call tonight so I could order but I was wondering what those of you with it think of it.

Approach angle @ 3.5" might not be 100% ideal. I've got one @ 5" (soon to be 6") and have dragged the fairlead through the mud a couple of times - the bumper has held up just fine though.

Rigid3.jpg

their rear bumpers look GREAT. keep the factory lines and look very storng. i'm buying their steering box brace best price i have found yet !!!

The link is

http://www.rigidco.com/

Their winch bumper is $420 unfinished, $480 finished in black (satin or gloss), and $500 for just about any other color that you might want.

I don't have one yet, but there's going to be one on my XJ in the next month or so.

Robert

I really love thier bumpers, and if i wasnt going front leaves and making an xmember i'd be saving to buy one of them. Terri is a cool guy and i've talked to him a few times with questions

thanks for the posts. After talking to Terry I ordered the FBK (same as the FBG but sticks out 1 1/4" farther). That guy is awesome! Can't wait to have that baby!
Props to Rigid

roke40 said:
Rigidco is what I got. Here a couple pics:

front.jpg

rightfront.JPG

Here a couple of pics of my Rigid winch bumper with the optional bolt on brush guard. I ordered it bare metal and primed it and used spray on truck bed liner by Duplicolor. It turned out great if I do say so myself. Terry is actually using my pics to send to prospective customers.

OK..I think I know what you're talking about. The bumper sticks out further on the sides. Now I remember the pics Terry sent when I ordered mine. I used to have pics but I must have deleted them after I ordered mine. Trimming your fenders shouldn't be a factor. The sides just stick out a little further.

the whole thing sticks out farther. Front and sides. He says he's gonna use a piece of 5" tubing instead of 4" on the top of mine and the ones he makes from now on to alleviate any gaps between the bumper and the grill and headlight bezels. He's modified his jig.
The FBK makes more sense for me since I may need to mow over the occasional sappling or two. He also says he can put a Hi-Lift on top of his FBK. They are available to buy by the way. Same price as the FBG.

Whichever one you get you can't go wrong. Terry makes some top quality stuff. It's worth the wait.

Back