• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Rail Plans?

Looks good. But I'd rather get the Round tubing ones. But if square tubing is all that you can work with, then I say go for it

I think square vs round can be something of a preference thing. A lot say round tubing is stronger, a lot of others say square tubing is stronger. I'm not sure which way is right tho...

aussiewheeler said:
im pretty sure square tube is stronger,
yeha i would have to agree with this guy but i think that side wall thickness has a lot to do with it as well, i just had the local high school metal shop build mine and they are made out if 2x2 3/16 sidewall so i think that they well be just fine. picks up soon i hope!

square vs. round strength depends on application. square is stronger in bending if the force impacts the flat side of the square.

my 2x2 .120wall rails are still holding up great. they have lots of scrapes but no significant dents. I have like 5 or 6 supports going to them also, so they haven't bent along the length. If you only have 2 (or 3?) supports you should step up the wall-thickness.

Here is something to give you an idea.

Back