• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Crusher Question! Who has one?

Northern Pride

NAXJA Forum User
Guys I want to know if anyone has a dana 60 rock crusher in there rig? Doesn't matter what it's in! Just want anyone with a rock crusher to tell me if the 3/4 inch holes on each side of the housing from the back are full of weld or can you see the axle tube in those holes?

Thx..

Stick said:
If they are like most they are plug welded there.
Do you know if there shipped from the factory already welded or is it something the installer has to do?

I've never seen anyone move the housing to adjust pinion angle. I've only seen shims used.

You DO NOT twist the housing to change pinion angle, so good thing you've never seen it. Once you mess with the tube and the housing, you need to make or buy an alignment bar to make sure everything comes out perfect again.

You use STEEL shims, or reweld your spring perches to the correct angle (much better option). There is no caster to worry about on a rear axle.

Thx for the reply I found out the holes in the axle tube in the rear on both sides of the diff cover are for the spreader tool. They are not for weld. Only the holes on the upper and 180 degrees underneath are plug welded.

Back