• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gps 's who's got um..

Redcbr007

NAXJA Forum User
Well, since this info changes all the time with newer model's..

Who's got a GPS, and what model do you have ? Like it?

Magellan Gold. use it on my dirt bike and when traveling in my motorhome. I like the large screen..

jjmat3 said:
Merridian Gold loaded w/ Mapsend Topo's and it works great. Use it to track trails and Geocaching.

I have the Merridian Platinum, w/ Mapsend Topo's
Also use Expert GPS, whitch use usgs maps, & a aerial photos. Works just fine for me. Gives me the option to use it in the truck, or out hiking.

Rob

i have a Lowrance globalmap1600 older but has a large screen and maps.

Garmin eTrex Legend. Starting the experimenting with GPS software tomorrow, beginning with GPSS and GPSDrive.

I have a Magellan Sporttrak Map. It came with Mapsend Topo. It's worked like a charm...even in the woods, under tree canopy. I love the "back track" feature.

Frank

Presently have Garmin Legend. Old model with black and white screen. They make a new one with a color screen that would be much better. I however am going to upgrade to a Garmin 2610. Bigger color screen and lots more memory. Use mine all the time. Have both topo and street maps for it

Garmin eTrex Vista

Garmin GPS35 USB hard mounted on Wiper cowl.
Plug in my small VAIO, And I have Pocket streets, Mapsource and a few other
Programs. Laptop has a Dash Bracket.

I run a Garmin GPS III as well as it is the only one that fits neatly in the console hollow. ( All the GPS from II to V or what even they are up to now. )

You can see a full write up on it on my site. www.go.jeep-xj.info

GPS5.jpg

Garmin GPS V - great for taking you *directly* to your on-road destination. Calculates routes on-the-fly and gives you turn-by-turn directions.

Maps pretty well in the woods too - I've been building some printable maps from my track logs using two or three free tools out there. (I'm too cheap to buy Expert GPS)

Magellan Meridian Platinum. I really like it. I've noticed, however, that if you put it low in the rig it will loose it's signal. I've since bought a RAM mount and have it near the windshield - it works great.

gps.jpg

I use an older magellan 330 Map...It has done almost everything I have asked it too. I am getting ready to upgrade to a Garman 60CS for a couple of reasons...First my laptop doesn't have a seiral connection and the adapters to run serial to USB are kind of lame and second I am into Geocaching and it has a dedicated Caching screen

Back