• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Steering

Los11

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody use the Posion Spyder Customs HD steering systems, I ws wondering if anybody had feed back on it. Its about $250 wondering if its worth it thanks

12monkeys said:
I run curries HD system and have had zero problems with it. It a really beefy setup...Check it out...

http://www.currieenterprises.com/heavyDutyTieRods.htm

Mike

I run this also and LOVE it. The best thing is IF I break something, and can linp home with my stock steering as a back-up. The picture below is on 11" of lift with a SkyJacker DPA.
10-21-01b1.jpg

john is that a bigoffroad product or is that the one you made a while back?? I looked on his site and i couldn't find it but i like keeping the stock style so i can carry stock parts. i was thinking about turning it over and using the goferit tie rod flip inserts instead of a dpa. I already have one on the tie rod side so i was looking at puting one on the drag link side but keeping the factory style setup. the stock drag link can and will bend for all you non believers. and it sucks having to bandaide your broken steering part and limping around on it for a couple weeks.

kraziexj said:
john is that a bigoffroad product or is that the one you made a while back?? I looked on his site and i couldn't find it but i like keeping the stock style so i can carry stock parts. i was thinking about turning it over and using the goferit tie rod flip inserts instead of a dpa. I already have one on the tie rod side so i was looking at puting one on the drag link side but keeping the factory style setup. the stock drag link can and will bend for all you non believers. and it sucks having to bandaide your broken steering part and limping around on it for a couple weeks.

Not a BOR prodoct just good sticker placement. I knew I'd be taking a lot of pictures of it. I have been using it for about 2 years +. I think you can make your own...it's F250 stuff cut down. ;)

I have Currie but I went by a friends shop the other day and saw the new spider stuff he now installs and i gotta say it looks pretty beefy. A lot stronger looking then the currie. The problem with all front end components is finding it to fit 8" lift and up!

Northern Pride said:
I have Currie but I went by a friends shop the other day and saw the new spider stuff he now installs and i gotta say it looks pretty beefy. A lot stronger looking then the currie. The problem with all front end components is finding it to fit 8" lift and up!

I use the Skyjacker Drop Pitman Arm in conjunction with the RE SWay bar lowering kit, and the Currie. My 11" XJ drives like a "dream boat". I just landed in the office after pulling about 75-80 on the highway. Granted I have the C-Rok full kit, RE drop brackets and all, but 11" of lift tooling at that speed! The steering is very thight and responsive.

The Currie "says" it's for a 4" lifted TJ, that's why I use the DPA. Does the Poision Spider stuff have a lift maximum on it?

Back