• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBA Questions

87mj

NAXJA Forum User
Starting the project since i have most of the major pieces.

Its a 4.0 mj without ac I have a stock sanden and i have 2 york's i got from the junkyard today.

1- I know the sanden will bolt in but is the performace good enough to use with the 8 gal tanks i have?

2- has anyone put a york on a mj/xj, i checked kilbys site but no bracket listed for my mj year 87

3- What is the type of hose to use from the compressor to the tank which will be in the bed. Does the lenght effect performance?

Thanks for any help, id like to use the york, but dont have the skills to make a bracket myself any ideas?

do a search for oba i have the york on my 95

I have a York on my '98 using a custom bracket. I tried the Kilby unit, but it placed the pulley too close to the fan. They told me to space the fan forward, but there just wasn't enough room between the fan and the radiator. So, I purchased a six groove pulley/clutch for the York and mounted it a back a bit, added an idler pulley, and used a longer serpentine belt. However, I haven't finished the wiring and plumbing. Take a look at http://www.madxj.com as there is a good article on adding a york to a '89 as well as some under hood relocation projects needed to make room for a york. I don't know about the performance of a Sanden compared to a York, but I do have a friend that did that conversion and it seems to work fine too. Search the web for Sanden OBA. I know you'll find some articles. Jeff

Back