• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help needed w/ ADE Kill Switch Mod,Long Post

Chippo

NAXJA Member #1233
Have obtained detailed instructs on a kill swt mod for a 97 TJ that I'm trying to apply to a 92 XJ. Instructs have an a magnectic reed DPDT relay that is to interrupt the Auto Shut Down Relay. I can not find this wire or its connector. We went in search of another wire to interrupt service and found some large (16ga) & smaller (20ga) wires running out from below the steering column. We clipped a larger solid blue wire which interuppted service, but started to think a bit and some of the ignition circuits are 30 & 40 amps. The relay is only rated for 15 amps and stopped the mod in lue of a possible fire.
Does anyone know of a wire that will interrupt a major component under the dash that is rated at 15A or under and where it maybe located w/ the color of the wire?
In a some what different matter, but related, tonite I went to fill it with gas and went to start it without the above mod and the key would not turn the motor over. It was just dead, so I pushed had on the gear selector and still nothing. Jr is with me, who normally drives the XJ and he tells it has happened once B-4 and he tells me to fasten the seat belt and then start it. It now starts...this is not supposed to work like this! Any ideas as to why it was dead until seat belt was fastened? Get home and try it again without belt and it fires right up! Go figure...Weird.. Not feely good about the electronics now.......
Any help is appreciated once again!!

Back