• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-lift question

ucilxj

NAXJA Forum User
I run an 8" suspension with 35's. . .I have a 60" hi-lift. Until recently I have not had to use it. this weekend, I rotated my tires. In the process, I started jacking my Xj from my warn bumpers. as I began jacking the bumper started to angle upwards and the gaps between the taillights and the bumper along with the body began to close. I mean the pumpers were ment for lateral pull and push, not necessarily verticle pressure

my question is a solid jacking point? the jack obviously doesnt fit underneath the body to reach the frame. IS there any other stong (safe) jacking point. . . or am I just too afraid of bending my bumper? is there anything to modify the jack to spread the force out (like welding on a square piece of steel)??

Place the jack at the bumper frame mount points.

I haven't heard of anybody welding a new surface area to the jack.

The Warn bumper should be a sufficient jacking point. I would make sure the bolts are tightened. I have seen a few XJ's jack from the Warn bumper, and not just inline with the frame. I mean I saw an XJ being jacked from the far right side of the bumper, and it worked fine. If you smack into an obstacle while ascending, your bumper will not only be pushed horizontally, but vertically as well. The bumpers should be able to withstand it. Can you verify that the bumper itself is bending, and that this isn't a case of self-loosening bolts?

-Rich

I hope to god your warn bumper wasnt bending because I hi-lift jacked off the the stock bumper all the time before I made my own bumper. it bent the metal but it still held the truck up.

i have warn trans4mer brush guard and it holds up fine to my hi-lift, it does not budge a cm, retorque your bolts.

Back