• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dead Electric Fan?

St3mpy

NAXJA Forum User
The electric fan on my 95 Cherokee never comes on. It dosn't come one when I turn on the A/C or anything. I'm assuming its the fan itself. I also have a 97 Cherokee. Would it bolt right into the 95? Would that even be a task worth doing?

Last edited:
The fan is controlled by the PCM (computer).
If you run a 12Volt line straight from the battery to the fan (everything eles OFF), it should work. If it doesn't, replace it.
If it works this way, then the PCM isn't detecting either the high temperature or the A/C compressor. Check all connectors/wires relative to this. Also, those from the PCM to the fan.

jldiaz said:
The fan is controlled by the PCM (computer).
If you run a 12Volt line straight from the battery to the fan (everything eles OFF), it should work. If it doesn't, replace it.

...and if it does work, your problem is a blown fan relay. Replace the relay and it should work again.

Look at the relay for the fan, by the air filter. Its on the fender wall. For some reason, my relay there didn't have the relay plug pushed into it, it was completely missing.

Just an idea.

Kellen

An easy way to test it, just jump it. Unplug the harness and attach wires from the battery to the fan and if it work it works and in not then not.

Back