• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Planning next years ColoradoFest

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
It was originally thought that we would do the ColoradoFest only every couple of years. From the feedback from those attending, we are seriously thinking of doing it again next year. Anybody have any feedback...good idea/bad idea.

My thoughts are to somewhat mimic this years setup but vary the trails and options. The campground next to Silverton but just a couple of miles from the junction of Corkscrew, Cinnamon, and the trail over to Engineer looks like a great place. There are tons of trails within a couple of miles, cutting down the travel time and giving many more options.

Maybe move the BV portion a bit more north, closer to Holy Cross. Anybody want to help work on a proposed trail list?

If next year holds true to this year, there will be a lot of out of state people and a lesser number of hardcore rigs. The problem is to find locations that offer a good mix of trails. How do you think this year went. What would you change?

Tom I am willing to offer what ever help I can. There are still some trails around BV that did get run. Tincup, Hancock, Tomichi, for instance. Just let me know what I can do.

Tom-
I remember seeing that campground. It looks great.
I thought this year went well, but some new trails would be cool too.
OTOH, I'd NEVER get tired of wheeling (or anything else) in the San Juans.
I'll help where I can...

I know what you mean about the San Juan's. I preran all of those trails two weeks before we did then at the event and I have run them at least once a year for the last three years. I still see something new each time.

Count me in too....
I think the wheeling down south is awesome, the campsite mentioned looks good too. There are a zillion trails in that area that beg exploring.
Tom- I'd be up for any assistance you may require in planning/prerunning, etc. And did you ever get that tranny switch thing installed? I'm still working on finding another D30 for my heep, so have been jonesing for some trails. Any leads for me? I went to Pull-a-Part Sunday and everything they had (3) were disco's. I'd even consider buying a whole XJ if I could get 3.73 or 4.10 gears.

Back