• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PaceSetter Header

1BuckXJWag

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I'm new to the list and fairly new to the Jeep world.
I've got a 90 (XJ)Wag with a cracked exhaust manifold(header). I've got a good offer on the complete exhaust system front to back from another 90 that the guy is parting out. The system is about 2 years old and includes a pacesetter header, new tubing and flowmaster muffler all for around $180.00. I've heard a lot of complaints about the pacesetter headers and the guy said he was never able to really fix the egr problem.
My question, is this a good deal and has anyone else been able to solve the egr problem.

Thanks
Pete

I think that sounds reasonable actually. That is exactly the setup I have on my '90. When you say "EGR problem" I gather you mean not being able to line up the egr tube that connects the header to the intake manifold. If you've got time and patience, you can eventually get them lined up by doing some bending. Or you can just plug them. The biggest improvement in power I have ever had on my XJ was when I installed the Pacesetter header. One warning, get a good manifold gasket, the likes of Felpro or the factory one. I installed the cat-back with Flowmaster several months later and didn't notice much difference. The Pacesetter was pretty cheap but mine has lasted about 6 years now and still going strong. If you need any help with the install, post it here.

Back