• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

added to the family....

Shanbo44

NAXJA Forum User
I finally did it. I bought an 86 MJ. 2.8 liter V6 manuel tranny. I think it has a D44 rear but I am not sure. Does anyone know hat the stock specs would be on an 86 Commanche XLS? Oh and it has command trac. I will have pics in the morning.

That is pretty cool man. What are your plans for this truck? Was this an impulse buy or what? I never heard you ever mention the desire for a comanche. I know every XJ guy would not mind having one...but we never actually get one :greensmok

So are you going to be looking for a 4.0/ax15 donor jeep?

-Scott

:loveu: I want one! But I have been trying to limit my obsessions/projects to no more than three lifetimes.:tear:

Have Fun!:party:

Tim

sintax said:
That is pretty cool man. What are your plans for this truck? Was this an impulse buy or what? I never heard you ever mention the desire for a comanche. I know every XJ guy would not mind having one...but we never actually get one :greensmok

So are you going to be looking for a 4.0/ax15 donor jeep?

-Scott

I don't know if I told you but I have a new job as a Superintendant with Forecast homes and after 3 weeks I came to the realization that I needed a truck. So I got an newspaper and there it was. So I guess you can say impulse/need.

I think it has a 3" lift on it because it clears 30" tires W/out a problem. I do want to do some minor work to it so that it is atleast capable enough to do calico.

I will not be needing the donor XJ for about 18-24 months. The MJ will be my DD/worktruck.

Shanbo44 said:
I don't know if I told you but I have a new job as a Superintendant with Forecast homes and after 3 weeks I came to the realization that I needed a truck. So I got an newspaper and there it was. So I guess you can say impulse/need.

I think it has a 3" lift on it because it clears 30" tires W/out a problem. I do want to do some minor work to it so that it is atleast capable enough to do calico.

I will not be needing the donor XJ for about 18-24 months. The MJ will be my DD/worktruck.

No man, you did not mention the new job. Congrats on that one. Now that I think about it, you may have mentioned you were thinking about changing jobs but did not know what you were going to do.

That sounds like it is a great position.

Sounds like its already capable enough to do calico, unless by that you mean able to run upper and lower, forward and backward. I think in a few months we'll have to make a run back out there for some testing.

-Scott

sintax said:
No man, you did not mention the new job. Congrats on that one. Now that I think about it, you may have mentioned you were thinking about changing jobs but did not know what you were going to do.

That sounds like it is a great position.

Sounds like its already capable enough to do calico, unless by that you mean able to run upper and lower, forward and backward. I think in a few months we'll have to make a run back out there for some testing.

-Scott

The job is a good job and if fell into my lap.

All I want it to run is what we ran when we were there. As soon as I get it tuned up and all the little bugs worked out you on.

Back