• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thoughts on lift for 98 XJ

98_jeep_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got my Jeep!! It's a 98 Classic, 117 k miles, great shape. I have drained cleaned and refilled all dif's, tranny, engine with new filters and fluids. New plugs, wires, rotor, cap. K&N filter w/ modified air box. American racing 767's (15x8) w/ 235-75R- 15's and new Gabriel Ultra's. My next item on the wish list was exhaust system front to back. When I loaded up with 4 people and it would bottom out. Knocked the left rear fender flare loose. What is the best way to correct this and not throw the driveline out. I have heard no more than 2", 3" and 4". What are some thoughts. This is more of a DD, with camping and limited offroading. Don't want to send it to the moon. Just want to load it with gear and people. I reallly got it more for my tailgating vehicle for VT Hokie football. My other ride is a 93 Dodge Dakota. Thanks for the input. What are thoughts on exhaust systems - header to tip? Sorry this is a little long!

Consider the OME kit,as far as the drivetrain go's,it's a crap-shoot!Some non-lifted 97+ vehicles have problems.

i have a set of OME springs for a XJ, new in box coils and the leafs still have the shipping labels on them. $420

call skyjacker, they willl custom make spring rates for different weights....as for the driveline, that's like a 50/50 chance different jeeps (even the same year) seem the vary, but i wouldn't go more than 3".

Back