• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics Stock with 30x9.5s

SKINNY

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of putting 30s on while still at stock height. I'd probably be more inclined to get 235s if I were staying stock, but I'll be lifting about 2" in just a few months. I thought I'd push it to 30s.

Hs anyone done the same? Do you have any pics? Have you had any problems with rubbing during everyday driving?

TIA

I had 30" BFGs on my MJ back when it was 2wd (which sit even lower than a stock 4wd MJ) and had no rubbing at all. And I offroaded her too! :D
Jeep on!
--Pete

48680693.jpg

No pics but I run 30x9.50s on an '88 XJ and an '87 MJ with no problems. Both are completely stock.

Thanks for the info. Very encouraging.

I have heard, however, that Post 97 wheel wells have slightly different dimensions. Anyone know if they'd be different enough to make it too tight a fit?

On my stock 89 XJ I run 235's and they rub a real little bit on tight turns on pavement, never heard them rub when 4x4'ing. They look a little small after removign the flares and I'd definitely run 30's stock and 31's lifted with trimmed fenders.
Pics of stock rig trimmed with 235's:
http://www.allianceprinting.net/jason/jeeps/how_i_removed_the_fender_flares.htm

I also know of a few friends running 30's stock for years with no problems.

I have a 2000 with stock alluminum wheels and 30X9.50's a little rubbing and NO flex THey are almost stuffed. Get a 2" budget boost and you will be good to go. That's what I was gonna do but I'm saving my money for 4.5 RE kit:laugh3:

Back