• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear bumper brackets

xj4rocks

NAXJA Forum User
anyone have any photos of their custom or purchased rear bumper brackets on bumpers that have a receiver hitch mount or tow shackles?

I would imagine that the 8 bumper bolts for the stock bumper brackets would not be the best for attaching a bumper that woudl be used for pulling.

Thanks.

bob

2"x2" square tube going into a 3/16" plate to the stock bolts, plus a braced strip of 3/16" going along the bottom rails into the same nutsert strip that the gas tank skid is bolted to. That's 7 bolts per side. I've used the two shackles on the bumper to lift the entire rear end straight up(axle swap) and it didn't even budge.

rbumper06.jpg

warning: slow server.

My rear bumper is 3/16" 3x4 tube. Made the mounts from 2.5 x 1/4 angle. Just drill and bolt one leg of the angle to the body and weld the edge sticking out to the tube.
I am also going to put 2 x 1/4 angle along the lower mounts as soon as I get my gas tank skid in place.

bumperdry.gif

bumperbuild.jpg

I used all 18 factory mounting points!
rear%20bump2.jpg

Back