• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

unusual Jeep roof rack...

other than being butt ugly..... it's definitely not for "any jeep"

the Tj/ Yj / Cj's are all knocked out...
the rounded features match the Grand fairly well, but wouldnt look right on the "Aerodynamic Brick" (as someone on this board once put it)....
one good smack from a hard tree branch, and it would probably take care of it...

as for it's make... beats the hell out of me....
definitely not worth the "original asking price of $1050"

My 88 XJ owner's manual says I can place up to 200 pounds on my roof rack. That roof rack looks like it could weigh 50 lbs even though it is plastic. That leaves you 150 lbs for cargo.

Do you haul much cargo that requires you to place it on the roof? I see the guy is in Washington State so fright may cost you a very pretty penny. I am also not sure if it will fit the roof of an XJ. I always thoguht the Grand Cherokee was a larger vehicle, or at least there was a larger roof.

It up to you to buy it or not but would send the seller a question and ask for the brand name or some owner's manuals so you can confirm it will fit your XJ.

If you want an expensive roof rack I think turbo-city had one that was pretty sexy looking and in the $600 bracket to boot...

Back