• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sentinel lights

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, is the sentinel timer within the switch itself or somewhere else along the line? I'm tired of tripping over things in the garage, and since I have my 98 that had it I wonder what do I need to swap into the 97 to make it work.

On the older ones it's a separate module that connects in-line. Dunno for sure about the 97s and 98s but I'll guess it's similar.

Eagle said:
On the older ones it's a separate module that connects in-line. Dunno for sure about the 97s and 98s but I'll guess it's similar.
Where is yours located at so that I can try and find mine :D

Remi...

According to my '98 FSM, the headlamp delay module is located behind the knee blocker (their words).

Seems simple to access:
1. Remove knee blocker
2. Remove the screw that attaches the module to the insde of the instrument cluster.
3. Disconnect the wire harness connector and remove the module from the instrument panel.

Here's what it should look like....

lightmodule.jpg

Coolll thanks!!
Ivan said:
Remi...

According to my '98 FSM, the headlamp delay module is located behind the knee blocker (their words).

Seems simple to access:
1. Remove knee blocker
2. Remove the screw that attaches the module to the insde of the instrument cluster.
3. Disconnect the wire harness connector and remove the module from the instrument panel.

Here's what it should look like....

lightmodule.jpg

anyone got info on where it's located in a 1990 model, and what it looks like?

@!#$@^% thing is driving me NUTS

When you turn off your headlight switch the headlights stay on for about 45-60 second so you can find your way in the dark.

and the reason you want to get to it is because the farkin' thing is stuck "on"...

ok cool thanks guys, question though, the only time that it works for my 90 laredo edition is when i turn the truck off and then turn the lights off (that the sentinal timer kicks in and then kicks the lights off) is this normal for the timer to only work when the truck is turned off first and then turn the lights off???

Jeep839 said:
ok cool thanks guys, question though, the only time that it works for my 90 laredo edition is when i turn the truck off and then turn the lights off (that the sentinal timer kicks in and then kicks the lights off) is this normal for the timer to only work when the truck is turned off first and then turn the lights off???

Yes, that's just the way it's supposed to work, so that you can choose whether or not to use it by which order you use.

now that we've verified his works as designed....

WHERE is the damned thing on a 1990 model? I really think that's the problem with my lights. They will NOT go off, and I've already troubleshot the switch.

My troubleshooting skills are very good-- and I've troubleshot everything else. Only thing left in the circuit is the delay module, but I can't find the bloomin' thing!

Back