• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yj front brake lines

red91

NAXJA Forum User
Concensus is that they are longer, and by visual inspection they are, BUT...I noticed when hooking them up to a new set of calipers the hard part of the line just coming off the caliper (about 2") might negate the effect.

I am looking for someone who has used this as a viable option in lifting their rig ( I am going to 4.5 - 5" ) and how this worked for you.

Please advise.

I'd hate to start and not be able to finish. (_____________________) insert witty comment here!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The hard line is longer, as well as the urbber portion. You'll be fine with them. I have about 4" lift in front right now and they work perfectly.

Fergie

there are TONS of posts on this. Some say the hard line needs to be carefully bent a little and others have run it without the bend. I have also heard its good up to 6" lift. I need to buy new calipers, and thought while I was there I would pick up some YJ lines also. I am only going with 3-4" of lift but like to air on the side of caution. But do a search on YJ lines, I did one yesterday.

They worked fine on my MJ with 4" of lift. I did have to bend the hard line slightly at the caliper end.

Hmmm...
I didn't bend the hard part at all, and I'm running them with about 6" of lift. I DID relocate the mount on the wheelwell.

woody431 said:
I do know that Dakota lines work also...correct?
The pedant in me just has to ask: If you "know" the Dakota lines work, why are you asking if that's correct? If you know something, you don't have to ask for confirmation.

So ... do you know they work, or did you read/hear that somewhere and you're now asking for confirmation?

For BillR: Why did you relocate the fender mount? The whole point of running longer lines is to get the extra droop length without having to bend the hard line on the fender.

Eagle said:
For BillR: Why did you relocate the fender mount? The whole point of running longer lines is to get the extra droop length without having to bend the hard line on the fender.
I had already relocated the mounting point, so when I installed the YJ lines I just left it there. I didn't want to mess with bending the hard line AGAIN! :eek:

Back