• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taylor Pass Today

looks sick. I took mine up there to camp and got to play around a little bit. When I can get my scanner working I got some pictures...nothing like that...but it was fun for me!

I'm in the Mid-West chapter, but most of my wheeling is done in 'rado. Taylor Pass is one of my favortites. Looks like a good time was had!

Never run Taylor in the mud but the loop with Pearl on the flipside is a lot of fun. Pearl is one long stretch of 32 miles of rocks. It makes Taylor look like a highway as far as smoothness goes. Got back after running both in one day and the upper joint on the track bar was fubar'd. I aired up and hit 60 comming out of Crested Butte and got a real nasty case of DW's.

i have a friend who was planning on running motorcycles up over pearl tomorrow... i assume there's a bunch of snow up there now? anybody live nearby confirm?

I finally had a couple of hours to work on it tonight. My daughter bought a new house and I have been building fences and doing sprinkler systems.

I am too cheap to buy another one. I am fixing it the way it should have been done to start with. I am putting a high angle one ton TRE on the top. You have to ream out the bracket and make a sleeve to weld on the TRE but it should be bullet proof when I get done.

Back