• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help / Critique triangulated rear 4-link

THE_OWL

NAXJA Forum User
Been working on my 4-link design for the rear.
Id like some input before I spend a few hundred dollars on steel and ends.
I came up with the design from photos here, and talking to Dave at Polyperformance. Links are 2" .250, Superflex at the chassis end, 7/8" heim for the uppers axle end, 1-1/4" heims for the lower axle ends.
Crossmember is 2x4" .250 square. the links would "cross" at the center of the vehicle if they were kept running at the angles. The pic is a very rough draft that isnt to scale, but it shows the basic idea, keeping in mind clearance for exhaust and driveshaft.
Ill post a link since the drawing is so big:
Rear 4-Link draft
Let me know if Im way off or pretty close.
Thanks

with the 2" rectangular tubing mounted below the frame rail, and then the lower arm brackets mounted under that, your giving up some clearance. It's hard to critique the drawing without much detail and correctness to scale, but it looks like you could stand some more vertical seperation at the axle and at the chassis. The chassis end to lengthen your instance center and the axle end to decrease the torque load on your brackets.

MaXJohnson said:
with the 2" rectangular tubing mounted below the frame rail, and then the lower arm brackets mounted under that, your giving up some clearance. It's hard to critique the drawing without much detail and correctness to scale, but it looks like you could stand some more vertical seperation at the axle and at the chassis. The chassis end to lengthen your instance center and the axle end to decrease the torque load on your brackets.

What he said.

consider 1.5 or maybe even 1.75 for links.

from a cost standpoint, 2" is unecessary.

I'd like to see a diagram that is fully dimensioned and in 3 view.

good design. make sure all the links are at the same angle to the axle other wise the radial flex will suck.

BTW- where did you get your front coil-overs???

Actually Im thinking 1.75 Chromo now, I found it for 5$/ft. For the links that is.
I was going to try and plug it into cad, but I was waiting for some input before I spent all day doing it. I was using the 2" square to help try and keep the angles the same as the front. With it under the frame it will only be as low as the trans crossmember. I need to route the exhaust along the framerails inside.
Thanks for the input so far.

Measure everything out and plug the numbers into the four link calculator. The calculator can be found on the pirate board. Once you have everything entered report back so we can check it out. I'm working on something similar and hope to have the design done by this weekend.

I couldent see you pic very clearly, you can check out my link mounts I just posted pics of in the other thread for ideas.

I really wanted good clearance, and a high roll axis, and alot of anti squat. so My lower links are mounted above the axle. 8in of seperation at the axle end. My links go through the floor I cut out.

Back