• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first Heepy

new96XJheeper

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought my first Jeep. Its all stock, but i was wanting to get out and get on some trails. If you know any my stocky can handle, please let me know!

PICTURES!!!

Welcome to NAXJA Forums; I'm sure there will be a few members that have some trails in mind locally to you. I would also recommend the series of Charles Wells' "Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" - Vol 1 covers the mountains south of I-70 and Vol 2 covers the northern part. His estimates for trail difficulty seem a little generous though, so it's not always as hard as they are made out.

Interested in joining NAXJA as a member and supporter of United Four Wheel Drive Assoc? https://secure.naxja.org/html/naxjamemberapp.htm

I'm working on getting some pics, but since I just got it friday and we've have so much beautiful rain, I had to go play in the mud. so its too dirty for pics. It does have alot of body dammage. by the way its the 4.0 HO....ofcourse. I'll look into that trail map for sure, as a matter of fact I bet my dad would have it. He has a super nice xj aswell. (90 with 330K and still running strong) so i'll ask him! I live right on mt. Herman, so if anyone knows any trails in there let me know.

Welcome to the forum...you will find everything you need to know about XJ's here.

You'll find out that most of your questions have been asked before. Our search engine is a great asset for newbies.

Look forward to seeing you on the trail sometime...

John

All you have to do for plenty of easy wheeling is drive up Mt Herman Road... you'll hit Rampart Range Road... and there are tons of short, easy trails up there. Just be sure to stay on trails marked for Jeeps.

Back