• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Progress pics

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Just finished putting in the passenger side rock rail. I chose to do it the "hard way" and I used square tubing on the inside of the pinch seam. This meant that after I tacked everything together and removed it and then welded it up, I had to use 3 jacks and a BFH to line everything up so that it'd fit properly, but it's in there. I have also used 3/16" angle iron on the frame rail to reinforce it and I used some steel tubing to sleeve the bolts that hold the rock rail to the frame rail (the bolts go all the way through).

pics

655436538103_0_ALB.jpg

You spend all this time on the board and you can't post your own pictures properly. :moon:

BTW, I like your rig when it was White, I don't think your paint job turn out really well! :D

TomH said:
Does the frame seem any stiffer since you added the rock rails? BTW nice work.
Couldn't tell you. I just did first 60 miles with one rock rail attached :). In the long run though I plan to connect the sides to each other.

Hey remi, looks like that front axle needs to be a bit further forward. Nice work. what happened to the supernerfs?

New springs in the rear I see. :wave1:

Kejtar said:
Couldn't tell you. I just did first 60 miles with one rock rail attached :). In the long run though I plan to connect the sides to each other.

a cage attached to your sleeves should make it stiffer than a johnson at the strip joint

its gonna happen for me this weekend....the strip joint that is :D

ChuckD said:
655436538103_0_ALB.jpg

:moon:

BTW, I like your rig when it was White, I don't think your paint job turn out really well! :D

Well, how do you like it now?

:laugh:

Hehehehe...
Sorry 'bout the old thread but I just couldn't resist. Shoot me! please.

:D

EDIT: See what can happen with the search button.

Last edited:
Back